Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Books, clothes, Virginia

At this time tomorrow I will be in Virginia. I leave at the ungodly hour of 5 a.m. I have to get on a bus with 40 or so other disgruntled teenagers who do not feel like being alive, let alone awake that early in the morning. I do not enjoy bus trips one bit. My plan is to sleep the whole way to Williamsburg. To make sure I achieve this I don't plan on going to sleep tonight. I probably wouldn't have anyway due to the fact that I haven't packed yet and my room looks like it was hit by a tornado.

I have too many clothes, that's my problem. I can never get rid of anything. I have about three times as many t-shirts as a normal teenage girl (although I have never claimed to be normal). The reason I can't get rid of any of them is my stupid sentimental attachment to them. I'll remember how I got them (All-Star MVP shirt I got from my softball coach), or I'll remember what happened when I wore them (old tie-dye shirt that has turned brown from wearing it in the clat-pits at my summer camp for 4 straight years), and then I can't throw them away. I also have every single one of my old soccer and softball shirts since I began playing when I was 5. I have convinced myself that I will one day make them all into a quilt, or pillows, or something. To hold all these clothes I have one set of drawers, a wardrobe, and one of those little cardboard drawers you put together yourself. Everything is so jam-packed that it's impossible to put clothes away. So piles of clothes linger around my room, on my desk, the chair, my bed, sometimes in the bottom of the wardrobe. It keeps going until it looks like a disaster area, then I take everything out of my drawers, squeeze everything back in, then start the cycle over again.

And I just realized there is nothing more boring than my clothes and the state of my room. Now that BEDA is almost over, I think I might start reviewing the books I read. Just a little something to give the blog a purpose. I'll have to come up with a witty name for it or something. I just stopped in my school library and borrowed 4 books:

The Host by Stephenie Meyer
Devilish by Maureen Johnson
Tattoo by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
The Missing Girl by Norma Fox

I've already read The Host and Devilish, but it's ben a while and they were both good so I'm reading them again. I've read everything by Stephenie Meyer (who hasn't?) and the only book by Maureen Johnson I haven't read is Suite Scarlett. I keep meaning to get it but whenever I'm around books I always seem to forget. If you haven't read anything by Maureen Johnson, do yourself a favor and GO TO THE LIBRARY! I recommend The Bermudez Triangle. It's not just one of my favorite Maureen Johnson books, but also one of my favorite books of all time.

You see, I promised you a long post and I actually came through! Of course this post has been so completely random it makes no sense at all. I pretty much just rambled on about whatever came to mind. I still don't know how I'm going to post tomorrow. Expect a very incoherent post tomorrow around 4 a.m. After all, if I stick to my plan, at that point I will have been awake for 22 hours. I really don't know how that's going to work.

That's all I have to say for now. I guess we'll see tomorrow how/when/if I get a chance to post.

(Someone told me today that if I get the Nintendo DSi, I won't be able to play gameboy/gameboy advance games. If this is true I don't think I'll be getting it. I have to be able to play my pokemon red!)

0 comments: