Monday, April 27, 2009

Good-bye sunny Sunday

Once again, today was beautiful. I spent it at the soccer fields. I referee soccer games and I'm on a U-18 team. So I had three games to ref, which earned me a whopping sum of $50 . Considering that the minimum wage in Pennsylvania is currently $7.15, then I would have had to work about 7 hours, when I really only worked a little over three. So, $50 is not that bad. But this is boring if you are not a ref, probably if you are a ref too so, moving on. I had to through a woman out of the field today. Just a brief overview:

Woman: "Why can't you make any fucking calls?"
Me: "That's enough, get out now."
Woman: "I will get out because you don't know what the hell you're talking about."
Me: "You need to leave, now!"
Woman: "I'm leaving you stupid bitch."
Me: *walk away*

This coming from a mother of a 9 year-old girl playing, who happens to live in South Park as well, so I will most likely see her again.

I also played a game against a team from West Virginia. I played keeper the entire game. We won 2-1. (I'm not trying to imply that I was the sole cause of this, just that I played a decent game.)

Well, that's all for tonight. I still have some homework that needs finishing up. Good night!

(Just remembered that I have PSSAs all week. I'll describe this excruciating experience in tomorrow's post.)

1 comments:

insertpalindromehere said...

Good on you for standing up for yourself and those kids.